As we age, one of the key factors in keeping our bodies healthy is to focus on low impact exercises and stretching. Our muscles are most flexible when we're younger and the opposite as we get older. While touching toes first thing in the morning is a great start to staying flexible, the benefits of a barre workout for flexibility help add a level of creativity to your regular workout.
Here are the top reasons why a Boss Portable Ballet Barre is the piece of equipment that complements your regular workout or and is an alternative to a trip to the gym for busy Boomers:
- Basic ballet moves at the barre are something anyone can do. Some specific moves that increase flexibility include pliés, tendus and attitudes, which engage hip flexors, ankles and hamstrings.
- You can target parts of the body that need increased flexibility such as hips, shins and back. And, there's no impact on your joints which means no recovery time.
- Stretching at the barre is a great way to warm up if you're heading out for a jog, a swim or to play touch football with the family. It's important to stretch before and after a physical activity.
- Flexibility is a measure of the range of motion of a joint. Working out at the barre first with small, repetitive movements not only builds muscle, but can help reduce the side effects of chronic pain.
- Many Boomers maintain busy schedules and may not have time to get to the gym. A Boss Portable Ballet Barre is lightweight and easy to move. Watching TV while increasing flexibility at the barre is a great alternative to your exercise routine.
- There are many videos online that demonstrate barre workouts with the sole purpose of increasing and maintaining flexibility.
To learn more please contact us. Your muscles and joints will thank you!